14 September 2026

I think I met a real life Wizard

Hi /x/. I'm trying to come to terms with my experiences with a very strange individual. Take in mind my only "knowledge" (if it can even be called that) of magic comes from movies, comics and anime, and even then I don't really read/watch paranormal fantasy. But I think I met a Constantine like person in real life.
>Be me
>Go to cousins place for a birthday grill
>Oldest cousin's friends are there, gathered around a table
>One of them (the subject of the story, let's call him R) is reading tarot
>All the females are hypnotized by this, including my aunt
>Say "I thought tarot and astrology were bullshit" and get ugly looks from everyone
>R just smiles (not a smug smile, like something sincere) and says "Sales pitches are all bullshit until you deliver a product, aren't they?"
>WTF. I work in sales and have used a very similar phrase multiple times
>He offers to read the cards for me, I accept thinking he's gonna spew nonsense
>He starts with slightly vague statements, but after two or three cards s**t gets laser accurate and I start freaking out
>I deny everything and claim he's wrong
>He smiles again, but this time he looks smug and says something like "Oh well, I guess not every swing is a home run. Here, one last card." It's the Six of Wands. He doesn't explain what it means
>Us guys play poker after. And I need to emphasize this: he never even touched the deck
>I win multiple rounds. I suck at poker
>Say goodbye to everyone and go home. He waves and touches his shirt pocket. When I'm home, I realize there's something in my pocket: a f**king six of clubs card and I cannot fathom how that s**t happened. He wasn't even close to me
>Monday at work I'm told to meet with my manager. I panic thinking I'm getting fired
>Bullshit. He's actually leaving and the directors decided I'm the best internal candidate to take his position
>Out of curiosity look up the meaning of the Six of Wands
>"Victory, recognition and success for hard work"
>Start freaking the f**k out

cont.