17 July 2015

Emptying the trash

>Be at work
>Manager asks me to empty the trash
>Okay.jpg
>Walk out front to the two trashcans and pull one of them out
>Bag is fucked up, none of the trash made it into the bag, fell all inside the can
>Sigh, get ready to pour the fucker out into a new bag
>Suddenly nostrils are assailed by a wretched smell
>That special smell
>The smelly smell that smells...shitty
>Underneath a McDonalds bag, sure enough, is a hefty log of shit
>Not only a sizable loaf, but spattering of runny shit cover the trash, and also the side of the can
>The smell is so bad my eyes are watering
>I immediately begin to gag and retch as my lunch begins to try and force its way out of my mouth
>For the first time in my life, a smell has not only stopped me in my tracks, but brought me to my knees
>I sit there on the sidewalk, feeling my intestines begin to melt and my eyes burn out of their sockets as customers walk past me, also gagging at the smell
>I summon an inner strength I did not know I had and begin the arduous task of moving the trash, shit and all, into the new bag
>I'm literally crying and all the hairs in my nose, on my face and arms, and anything not covered by clothing is burning off
>After what seems like an eternity, I have the biohazard contained, but the smell is seeping through the bag
>I run around to the dumpster out back and throw it out, not taking a breath until I was at least 100 yards away
>Clock out for my break without saying a word and go for a drive to clear my head (and my lungs)
>Rethink my life