22 August 2015

Cheap vodka

>Be me.
>Senior year has just ended.
>At summerfest in Milwaukee.
>Sitting in a circle on the ground with our last bottle of cheap vodka.
>I had been drinking more than anyone else in the group.
>I take a drink, pass it along, and pass out.
>Wake up in the emergency room.
>I'm in restraints. Can't move any of my limbs.
>There's a black security guard in the room with me.
>He doesn't seem to know that I've woken up again.
>He's rummaging through my leather jacket.
>Finds my cigarettes and pockets them.
>I try to get his attention, but my words are slurred.
>I figure that I must be heavily sedated so I shout at him.
>"HEY!", I yell.
>He looks at me with passive interest.
>"PUT IT BACK!"
>He sticks his head out the door to tell someone that I've woken up.
>A Doctor and a few nurses rush into the room.
>"HE TOOK MY CIGARETTES!"
>The doctor tells his nurses to hold me down.
>Security guard resumes his position by the door.
>"HE TOOK MY CIGARETTES!"
>The doctor has a massive syrigne with him.
>It looks like pic related.
>I begin flailing my head around and trying to break free of my restraints.
>"YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO ME! THAT NIGGER TOOK MY CIGARETTES!"
>Doctor says, "Everything's going to be okay, son," as he prepares to inject me.
>Realize that none of them can understand a single word I'm saying.
>See security guard smiling at me from over their shoulders.
>The last thing I remember is shouting, "YOU FUCKING NIGGER! YOU FUCKING NIGGER!"

And that's how I almost died of alcohol poisoning