05 August 2015

Package from Diesel

>Be me
>19 yr old poorfag working at a construction site building a small factory
>First day on the job 
>Didn't talk much
>Whole crew looked like they have been working for years
>Too shy to make friends 
>More focused on working
>I was sawing some wood when a grizzled elderly man tapped my shoulder
>He introduced himself to me as I did with him
>His name is Gerald, but everybody at the site calls him Diesel
>He told me that I looked like I was struggling with money
>I responded with a nod
>He explained how he was also in need of money after his dad was in Vietnam, he had to find a job to feed his family
>We had some good chatting time before I was told to get back to work
>Some time passes when the lunch break started
>Scanning for a table to sit before being called out
>The old man from earlier called me over to his table
>about 10-20 other people sitting at the table
>Diesel intrduced me to his large group of friends 
>They all greeted me with kindness
>Turns out a lot of the people at the table had some tough times before bettering themselves at the site
>The workers at the table don't mind helping me out if I need food or clothes
>We get called hime early after lunch because of a heavy thunderstorm 
>Head home feeling great
>2 years pass
>Driving my wife and kids to church
>Find out that the factory we constructed is getting taken down due to pollution 
>Remember about Diesel and his crew
>Go home from church
>Notice a small package and a note near the front entrance
>The note reads, "It was hard finding you after you moved out. Your food package from Diesel arrived some time back at my doorstep and I forgot to give it to you ~ your neighbor."
>Inside the box were tins and another note this time from Diesel himself. "Anon, I am dying of brain cancer, I want you to charish these pecan tins. They're all I have left."
>I open them
>MFW Dies' nuts